A guide on making R6/R15 statues of players

Introduction

I didn’t see a lot on this topic, so I decided to write a tutorial on making statues! There are many possibilities when it comes to making statues and posing them, too. I’ve used these kinds of statues in several of my games, either to credit developer work or just to add a little bit of spice to the mood.

Keep in mind, this tutorial will use two plugins!

In case you prefer videos, I’ve uploaded a video tutorial for the exact same thing here.

The Tutorial

Step 1 - Setting Up

Install the following plugins, and you can begin following along!

• Animation Editor 2016 (has to be 2016)
  • Load Character Lite or Load Character Pro (it doesn’t matter which!)
  • Make sure that you have Explorer and Properties windows enabled. You can do this by going to the view tab at the top of the screen and clicking on the Explorer and Properties buttons.
Step 2 - Inserting the Character

Open Load Character and type in the username of the person you wish to insert. I’ll be using Load Character Pro, but it doesn’t matter which. When ready to insert, select R6 or R15. I’ll be using R15. Spawn at Origin doesn’t matter either

Step 3 - Using Animation Editor 2016

Now that our character is inserted in the workspace, like so, feel free to move it to wherever you want to work on it.

Open Animation Editor 2016 while you’re at it.

Using the plugin, click on the torso of the character you plan on positioning. Confirm it by pressing the select button. You’ll see a menu appear on the top of the screen, like so. If you get a warning about the character being unanchored, make sure to ignore it and leave it unanchored!

It may look different if using R6, but everything we need will be the same no matter the avatar type!

Step 4 - Positioning

Ignore all of the animation baloney and keyframes, simply start positioning by selecting the parts of the body you want to move or rotate.

To quickly change between moving and rotation, press R!
Now you can take it from here and pose the model how you want it. In R15, the different parts of the body will move and rotate connected-like, exactly how it works in other animation editors.

As you can see here, I’ve gone for holding the arms behind the back. To unselect the body, just click away from the character.

Step 5 - Converting the Model to a MeshPart

Now that you’re all finished with the model, it’s time to anchor it. Select the group in explorer, and do not disable the Animation Editor 2016 plugin yet!

Navigate to the top of Roblox Studio and open the home tab. Press the anchor button and make sure the model is anchored. Throughout this whole time, make sure that select is not enabled.

Right-click the model and copy it, or just have the model selected and press control and C.
After copied, paste it, by right-clicking and pressing paste, or press control and V.
Delete one of the models and feel free to use select now.

Right-click the model in the explorer window and press export selection.
In the new file explorer window, make sure you save the file as a .obj and name it whatever you want! Press save, and remember where you saved it to!

Let’s insert the new object in studio, right-click anywhere and press “Insert Object.” Search for “MeshPart” and click it.
image image
Make sure you select the object now and look in the properties window. Press the folder icon as shown below.

Navigate to where you saved the .obj from before, click it, and then press open.

Press no on the first menu that appears.
If this happens, just press OK. Roblox Studio will now upload the .obj into the meshpart, which may take some time.
Now we have our almost finished object! You can stop here if you want to leave it as is. If you need to anchor it, then anchor it as we did before.

Sometimes, your MeshPart may have a weld inside of it automatically. This may get in the way of moving it around, so make sure to delete the weld if it does.
Do you want to make this look like a proper statue? Something like the thing you may find while walking through the park or in a city? Take a look at the next steps; otherwise, this is as far as you need to look.

Step 6 - Making It Look Like a Statue

The next few things to do will all involve the properties tab, so pay close attention there.
Select the MeshPart and take a look at the properties window. Find “TextureID” and then delete the text that is in it.

The MeshPart should now be gray. What this means is you can now freely change the material and color of the part to whatever you desire! I’ll be going for a concrete statue.

With that, we’re done! The cool thing about MeshParts is you can freely resize the part, compared to most normal meshes unable to do that. This means, if you want to make the statue bigger, you can just resize it as you would normally. I would highly suggest anchoring the statue.

End Product

I hope this is all useful! Enjoy your new creations. Be sure to let me know of any questions. :smiley:

18 Likes