A #help-and-feedback:General-Support Sub Category

A issue talked about here: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/a-new-trend-with-people-using-development-discussion-instead-of-help-and-feedback-for-questions/2663791?u=trtman33

Is that people are using the Development Discussion Category for General Help.

The kinds of help they need do not necessarily apply to any of the #help-and-feedback Sub Categories.

I think that a new Sun Category for General Support would solve this issue.

10 Likes

General topics is the primary reason why #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support was created. However, some of the posts you gave an example of, such as this one:

Would likely just go into #help-and-feedback:game-design-support or #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback

8 Likes

Are you saying that a topic for plugin ideas go to #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support ???

5 Likes

How is a post about How To Remove A Backdoor going to fit in #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support?

3 Likes

It’s the category that fits the question the most.

5 Likes

Giving Ideas for a game would go under #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t the #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support be used for questions about the Platform and not for questions about removing a virus from a game?

That’s the whole reason for the “General Support” idea. For support that is hard to Categorize, like “How Do I Fix This Virus?!” Or “How Do I Turn Off This Setting”.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Lol I never saw that.

I still think that a General Support section would be good for Assorted Questions.

3 Likes

I think you would just create another trashbin for everyone who is too lazy to find the correct category.

There’s really no need for another category. The topic you mentioned have their destinated places already.

Removing a backdoor → Scripting Help
Fixing a setting (Studio?) → Platform Usage

6 Likes

Does that mean a topic asking for resource ideas go there?

If you’re genuinely interested in solving an existing issue, I don’t think you need a topic for that at all.

As you can see in your own “plugin ideas” topic and your flagged “module ideas” topic, it doesn’t actually yield the responses you need.

The best plugins are caused by developers facing an issue, then finding a solution for this problem. They don’t do it for money, and they don’t do it for the sake of making a plugin either. They do it to solve the gap they’ve faced.

You can look around in #help-and-feedback and #feature-requests and see what developers are facing nowadays. Based on this, you may get ideas on how to turn an annoyance into a piece of cake.

2 Likes

It isn’t flagged, I asked it to be deleted by flagging it but they make it look flagged which is why you think it’s flagged

so instead of making an topic, I can just scroll through #feature-requests and #help-and-feedback to gather ideas?

1 Like

“Would this get me banned?” => This is not a great question for the forum as forum users should not be expected to have authority to answer questions like this. It’s best to point these users towards the TOS.

“Touch Grass Simulator” => This sounds like a creations feedback thread to me.

“Give ideas for an arm wrestle style simulation game” => Sounds like Game Design Support.

“Team Green HACK/EXPLOIT” => Doesn’t really seem like it should be a help question, it seems more like a discussion thread at best.

“Look what ROBLOX did to our GRID SYSTEM!” => Seems ok in the discussion category, but otherwise could be in Platform Usage Support.

All in all it looks like the existing categories cover these topics well. Going to assume having the existing categories (incl. Platform Usage Support) is sufficient here.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.