A interactive city showcase project I've been working on!

(Shoreline Blur [beta] - Roblox)

If any of you decide to check it out, can you tell me your framerate and general performance in the place?

28 Likes

That looks really nice. Since you asked for the framerate, I tried the game and it seems to give me a frame rate of around 20 to 30 FPS on the lowest graphics setting. On medium graphics, it falls to 15 FPS. However, I’m running this on a low end laptop.

The buildings and models are detailed very well. Maybe try reducing the amount of trees on the first photo because it seems like there is a lot. I don’t really have anything else to say but keep up the great work.

2 Likes

Looks nice good job keep up the hard work :grinning:

2 Likes

I hopped in the game. You’ve done a great job! I love the little things like the boxers and the bus driving around. Also the general buildings and atmosphere is awesome. I had 60 fps and it felt pretty smooth. I play on a high end laptop.

2 Likes

It was amazing! Everything was well built and I enjoyed playing it. There was so much to explore and it was a fun experience. Great job!

2 Likes

Looks very nice but I have just one thing that kinda puts me off. The use of free models, a showcase featuring free models can never be taken full credit for. Really try to make it YOUR showcase with only YOUR work and not only us, but also you yourself will appreciate it much more. If you don’t know how to make a certain model just try and try and try! You’ll get there. I get that if you’re new free models are a big help but really try to avoid them. Either way, it is looking very nice! Keep up the good work😁

2 Likes

The only freemodel I used was the base of the ferris wheel since it’s a animated thing that required some coding that was beyond my knowledge

1 Like

(The trees, self-made ones look much better!)

1 Like

Whoa, Cool stuff
Keep up the hard work!
Also, i have a question if you dont mind answering it

How long did this take you to do?

Love the map design you are going for the atmosphere looks very well made if I’m not mistaken this is finished showcase? Or there gonna be more things placed around.

Generally, the trees look nice throughout the entire city the layout is pretty well put together however some city areas don’t feature potted trees on the sidewalks there normally connected inside the ground a few city’s only have that.

Some objects on the sidewalks like variety of trees, bicycle racks, flowers/plant ect. Place in your city so it could look better properly. Maybe on the sidewalk like what you normally at city builds they feature different items. Other than that, it looks good maybe remove of the trees or add variation into them so it doesn’t look repetitive.

I’m not on an exactly high performing machine nor low performing machine but my framerates were good. I could not see it though for some reason I cannot access my fps. I do have to say the map is very well designed.

Hi I’m looking for a map builder don’t worry u won’t have to add any scripts but I’m low on Robux and I can tell you put a lot of effort in your maps and probably don’t build for free but please after the release of the game I think it can be a big game and I will give you 25% of the money or Robux earned.please tell me if you accept or don’t.no pressure or anything

Well done! I’m very impressed with your build, especially with the level of detail. You succeed in immersing the player, particularly in areas like the underground subway or when the game is lit at night and the finer details really shine through.

The only thing I’d say that is lacking is the lack of detail with the nature. It seems a little odd to use low poly styled trees with the rest of the high-detail aesthetic. I do understand that trees are very hard to make, however. I might also suggest instead using terrain actually in these areas, and if you can, incorporating more nature.

If you used terrain and incorporated it in a similar way to this, I feel like it would really bring the rest of the map together and add that wow effect.

In terms of the framerate and performance, it runs perfectly fine for me at max settings, but I am on a higher end PC.

Good luck!

2 Likes