A List of All Deprecated Classes, Enums, Events, Functions, and Properties

I just replaced all the Developer Hub links in the post with the links from the New Documentation which is deprecated. :slight_smile:

I also somehow missed that FlagStandService was deprecated, so I added that.

HopperBins, Holes, and, Flags can still be created using Instance.new("HopperBin") or the others. But they do not work.

(Just saying they are still creatable via scripts.)

1 Like

They are creatable as instances, but they are deprecated, thus being the reason theyā€™re on this list.

1 Like

What was plane even used for? i dont see any use for it provided

1 Like

This purpose of this resource was not to be list what is useful and what is not.

Its simply a list of all the deprecated API for people to refer to.

Thatā€™s it.

Useful or not, its deprecated, which is why its on this list.

Added some recently-deprecated functions to the list.

2 Likes

Typo, the link takes you to ā€œTextServiceā€ instead of ā€œTestServiceā€.

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out. Iā€™ll edit it now.

You should update this due to the deprecation of Mouse.KeyDown and Mouse.KeyUp.

AdService is deprecated by the way. It was used back when Roblox first had their mobile app ready for devices and would show ads.

3 Likes

I have added AdService, but I already had Mouse.Keydown and Mouse.Keyup on the post.

I have added replacements, if any, for each deprecated Class and Enum. Hopefully that helps you look for replacements should you be using any of these deprecated Classes or Enums.

Isnā€™t there one deprecated class called Message? Unless I am not seeing it?

I had it in the wrong section apparently.

I moved it to the class section. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Thanks this will help me out, as Im in the learning process of coding, and this stuff is something im not fully familiar with.

Just a question how often do you update this, every time something is changed or just after there is a few things deprecated

maybe a small suggestion, a last updated on XX/XX/XXXX at the top or something

The link doesnā€™t work anymore?

Also I donā€™t think this exists anymore and they removed it entirely as I searched in the api site and the documentation site and it isnā€™t there.

Thanks for pointing that out. Iā€™ve added the documentation link to it and the recommended replacement.

No problem. Glad I could help :slightly_smiling_face:

I update this every time I notice something has been deprecated or if there is something I missed that isnā€™t in the post.

Great suggestion. I have added that to the top of the original post.

2 Likes

You should remove deprecated events, methods, and properties of instances that inherit from another instance. This will reduce clutter in the list.

In addition, Glue and ManualGlue have a partial replacement, BallSocketConstraint, which can be used in some ragdoll systems.

Alright so slight issue.

@SubtotalAnt8185 I implemented your suggestion

I also replaced nearly all the links on the topic with the Roblox Creator Documentation instead of the Roblox API Reference on GitHub by Anaminus.

I also added replacements to each Deprecated Class, Enum, Event, and Function that has a replacement.

The problem is that I have exceeded the 5000 character limit by 600 characters.

So I decided to move the entire topic into my GitHub Pages Websites:

https://valiantwind.github.io/roblox-deprecated-api

It looks exactly the same as the one on the topic. I plan on adding dark mode support to it soon.

1 Like

Is SoundType supposed to be in MaximumADHDs Client tracker?

I linked SoundType on the release notes, because I wasnā€™t able to find a source where it said it was deprecated besides there. Now I have, so I will update it.

1 Like