A lot of questions regarding Roblox Events

I am unsure of where to put this topic, but I need it answered ASAP, please!

I have been trying to understand Roblox’s “Event” feature, being the one on the website where you can create your custom events for people to get notified AND interact with. I’m talking about:

And not the Roblox-integrated events for coding.

But the questions that I have is, how can I integrate this feature inside of my game? Can I use events to program certain events, or is it just a reminder that I need to publish my game at that exact time? Will it auto-publish the game? If you could answer I would seriously appreciate it!

I mean, the events feature is great and all, but when you can’t do a lot with it, it becomes obsolete. Barely seen them on the website due to how empty it is regarding features, I mostly just use Discord’s event feature because of this.

1 Like

I’ve used an event before, in one of my oldest Roblox games that I’ve ever published before.
Allow me to emphasize:

First things first, I’ll answer your question directly. Creating events in Roblox, does, as you said, only triggers a notification to people who have followed your game. Last month, however, Roblox updated the website, and changed following a game into just turning on notifications to be notified when special events occur.
Take Adopt Me, for example. Whenever the developers update the game, and they do quite frequently, they make an event that will end almost instantly after the updates release, just so they can make sure that the update is mentioned to those who have turned on notifications for the game.
All in all, events don’t do anything special for your game, other than the fact that people can be notified for certian events, and also near the bottom of the games page within the Roblox website, there’ll be a seperate join button.
As with the latter/above I have just explained to you, there is nothing special about this “Join Event” button other than to be another way to enter your game.
I’m not trying to force you to think otherwise, because this is a good feature, but you need to know what it can do, and what you need to do.
You can use events for your game, but just make sure that you create an event in your game manually, with scripts and other things you’d want to add to create a more diverse and interesting experience for your players, so just make sure to publish an event, or schedule it’s beginning for the time you’ll update your game with the actual update.

Also, I’ve never actually checked to see if making an event updates your game, but it shouldn’t, because it’s your choice if you want to update your game, or prevent mistaking its update. But Roblox doesn’t manually update your game to the current games file within studio, at least it shouldn’t be able to, as far as I understand this.
Hope this helps.

(I tried to answer as soon as I saw this, and so there may be things I haven’t told you that you might want to know about.)
Edit: Sorry if this was a bit of a lengthy response.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the long reply! No worries, the longer the answer, the more detailed it is. Thanks for being able to answer my question, usually don’t get any answers in my topics, resulting in the downfall of those topics. This helped me answer the few questions I had.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I don’t know much about game making, but I do know a couple of things, including the things you wanted to know about! Hope my reply helped.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.