A low quality Roblox horror game

This quick horror game I made was more of a test for me, just to see how a horror-themed game would work out and how scary it actually is. It’s not a big project, as I made it in about three to four days. One thing to note: Clicking T turns on your flashlight, holding C zooms in the camera.

The map is kind of inspired by The Backrooms, with the seemingly “endless” random walls that seems unnatural. The game is VHS styled, also inspired from The Backrooms and other old-style horror games.

The map is pitch-black, just to try to make the game a bit scarier. Playing with headphones/ earbuds and a volume setting of 50 is recommended to make the game a bit more scary. Max volume may increase scare factor more, but may be uncomfortably loud.

Your goal in the game is to look around the map for four keys, of which are color-coded to the color of the door they open. Each door enters a room, of which has a board with a math equation and question. You solve the answer with your brain and try to make a code with the sum of the answers from the math equations. You then find a large, rusty door with a keypad on the left of it. Enter the correct code, open the door, and escape to win.

The monster in the game is simply the official Roblox avatar. He makes loud robotic sounds to try to inflict more unnerving feelings, and when he gets close to the player, a static noise will play, indicating his presence.

The only feedback I really need is how hard and scary the game is, but other feedback is also useful.

Wow, nice job! Gave me the creeps!

1 Like