A More Reliable Way To Contact Developer Relations

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get in touch with Developer Relations.

My recent experiences trying to contact Developer Relations has been far too time consuming, frustrating, and difficult.

• In one case, I submitted an application to a Roblox program over four months ago, and still have not received any response from Developer Relations. The application stated it would only take several weeks.

• In another case, I submitted a ticket to Developer Relations at devrelations@roblox.com, about 4 weeks ago, and still have not received any reply from a human.

No Open Channels

As far as I can tell, there are no effective ways to contact Developer Relations anymore.

• Email (devrelations@roblox.com) is non responsive or extremely slow.

• Trying to contact individual Developer Relations staff via these forums is not effective. Usually, I do not receive any reply.

• All the Developer Relations social channels have messaging disabled.

• Developer Relations is not active on Discord. The Guilded channel is not even published, and really only seems to be used for special events.

Why This Is Important

Sometimes things come up during development that need the help of Developer Relations to resolve. Usually these issues are quite time sensitive, and need a response in a timely fashion. For example, my case, I received no reply to an application, which put me in a bind not knowing if the application was rejected, lost, processing, or something else.

Things were not always like this. In the past, I had a much easier time contacting Developer Relations staff members, who were happy to help.

I appreciate if you look into your current procedures and try to get back to a more open and available communications. Developers should be able to easily contact you, and expect to receive a timely response.

23 Likes

I can’t stress enough how annoying it is to address issues through Roblox Support and not get any help or response after waiting over a month.

I think we deserve to be treated better than this.

We work hard on our creations, and we do not deserve unnecessary frustrations and our time wasted

Stop taking us for granted

5 Likes

I’ll be honest, there is no real way to contact devrel cus devrel really isn’t needed for anything. Don’t get me wrong, there are amazing people working there but they don’t do any of the moderation, devex or whatever else you think they might be doing. All they really do is run some programs.

Would assume that if you got no response, you got rejected.

I can see it not being responded to cus of people spamming it en masse with random stuff or issues that they cannot solve. You’d have better luck convincing the bots on the support page to help :person_shrugging:

Wouldn’t expect someone to respond to something that isn’t in their job description if they’re already not being spammed about things.

Again, not sure why they’d need a support channel on the Guilded server if all they will do is tell you to submit a support ticket lol. Seems redundant to have one otherwise.

I will say I have attempted to reach out to dev relations multiple times via email and I have yet to ever get a reply to any of the emails at all. I have DMed some on the forum which leads to no reply at all even though I can see they read the conversation they just straight out ignore it. They only seem to talk to the bigger creators on the platform as most of the big creators they are friends with. DevRel used to help a lot more now they are just there running in the background running programs and not actually engaging with the community anymore outside of announcements and official Roblox events. The only time they will reply in public is when its a simple easy development question.

3 Likes