A package keeps thinking I changed it, when I didn't

Hello there, I have been experiencing this with the packages I have, it’s been happening with 2 models:
1st: It’s full of accessories, when I started changing it once, it always needs me to update it.
2nd: I think I added a viewportframe and a model inside that has bones, which is why it’s always thinking I haven’t published yet. I do not know if this still keeps happening as it only happens to me once for this 2nd type of bug.

2 Likes

I still experience it with the package full of humanoids I mentioned in the OP, so it’s totally possible. I figure it’s probably some sort of floating point error with NPC pieces and accessories.

Thank you for bringing up this issue. We are looking into it and will have a better solution to fix the modification issue in packages with humanoids.

3 Likes

Can confirm this is still happening with humanoids.
August 16, 2021.
I won’t let me undo the changes to the package, so I can’t publish the place until the package is deleted.

1 Like

Can also reconfirm. I’ve been unable to rollout an update to my game that has this humanoid package system. I can definitely make it not a package as a workaround, but it’s not ideal no matter how you slice it.

1 Like

We’ve just released a fix for the humanoid issue. Can you please retry it? Thanks!

3 Likes

Humanoids with a lot of pieces still seem to have blips of this issue, but far less frequent. Do I need to publish my packages again to receive this fix?

A singular humanoid and multiple humanoids appear to be better. You can move them using the “Select”, “Move” and “Rotate” tools with minimal issue.

Non-humanoid packages are still iffy. Eventually you can manipulate them enough to where it thinks you’ve changed it. You can resolve it by reverting the package.

Using the “Transform” tool enough eventually seems to break the changed status of any package.

1 Like

To receive the change, you will need to at least undo local changes.

For non-humanoid package, please create a new ticket for it. Please provide the minimal steps to reproduce the issue. Thanks!

3 Likes

Looks like someone may’ve beaten me to the punch for non-humanoid packages. I’ll add on to that thread.

As for this issue, there are no local changes - so the bug is still there. It’s significantly better than before though.

This bug seems to be fixed a while ago but it’s happening to me and it’s worst, I cannot publish my game because packages can’t be updated. The video takes a while but you can see that, upon publishing. It says that I did not publish the package.

Hello @APandaPoet, sorry for the late bump. I would also like to clarify what happened with me:
I had a package in StarterPlace, which has a universe / subplace of that same place. I didn’t have an issue updating my package until I tried inserting this package(which has a humanoid rig) into one of the universes and ran into the unchangeable or unpublishable issue. To be clear, this is a brand new package I made a couple of days ago (just learned about them)

Hi @grar21, thanks for sharing it! It’s very helpful for us to debug the issue.
Unfortunately I’m not on the package team anymore. I’ll forward the message to the team.

6 Likes

I’m getting this issue now within a UI tree, and it’s preventing me from making a VERY critical publish on a major game.

DM for RBXM / team create link?

Thanks for reporting the issue. Can you please provide us with more details on reproducing this issue with UI tree?

1 Like

Hi,

I sent you a DM with the UI tree that I was not able to publish

Reproduction steps:

1. Insert into Roblox Studio. This model had changes staged, so it appeared with the orange icon saying that changes need to be published
  2. Right click the HUD instance to open the context menu
  3. Click “Publish Changes to Package”
  4. The changes will be published very briefly with the orange dot disappearing, before very quickly the orange dot appears again.

Getting this issue as well with one of my screenUI’s

Not sure if this is strictly related to this bug, but I can’t post a separate bug report and Bug-Support is dead so I’ll throw this in here:

It seems that Studio is reloading packages, even if a package is up to date and not changed.

1 Like

The most recent update to packages has brought this bug back for humanoid packages. I have crossposted this bug here: Improved Workflows for Packages - #43 by cloakedyoshi

1 Like

This appears to be resolved as of today.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.