A Pointing Feature in Studio

As a ROBLOX developer, it is currently too hard to easily point to things in ROBLOX Studio during a team create session.

How would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

During the development period, when I need to refer to my buddy of a space in Studio, I could use something of a “pointer” feature. I was thinking that this feature could be related to what Tabletop Simulator has, as shown below.

Edit: I decided to do what @MrgamesNwatch had mentioned in the replies and made a simple plugin. It’s available for grabs! This is a sample of what I am trying to look for as a feature in Studio rather than using a plugin. My first real plugin :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Can you not just select the item you want them to see? It covers it in a giant colored box.

1 Like

Usually, I am pointing on a specific section on a part (like a baseplate) and selecting it would just select the entire baseplate.

Click to create a new part and drag it to where you want to point to.

Sounds like an easy plugin to make. I do see the use in this though.

I already do that, and it’s too much of a hassle when a simple click is easier.

You got a customer (if you make it)!

I love the idea, albeit I don’t usually build with other people/ use team-create, but when I do, it would be VERY useful.

1 Like