A Post To: "Localised Date Formats"

I can’t express enough how important date formats are. A lot of the time I’ve looked at the dates and wondered why my game was last updated at 3:00AM but then realising that’s the U.S time format it can be extremely hard to audit, maintain and find the correct versions of my items and games.

There was an extension on Chrome which converts the annoying U.S time and date format into your local time zone I discovered. I assume @EmeraldSlash here is the person that created it? If you are it’s currently broken sadly - it would be nice if you could patch it up for now as an temporary fix whilst they eventually get around to properly localising time zones and formats (no more MM/DD/YYYY) yay

Quite a few times I’ve made the fatal error of forgetting the U.S use the date format MM/DD/YYYY and actually made a mistake before release or caused me and my team some significant issues/downtime. Having the local time zone DD/MM/YYYY would have averted these issues which had significant effect at early hours of the morning developers. As well as a 12 hour time format (I don’t like 23:00, I’d rather just see 11:00 PM) as already suggested in this thread easily human readable formats are equally important.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Localized Date Formats