A Post To: Request to sunset allowed gear

I don’t think Gears should be removed, I mean I know a lot of developers don’t see a use for gear in their game but I’d really like to see more games start to utilise gear in their game. I think some of the issues with gears as as follows;

1. No control over scripts in the gears, there’s some gears in the Catalog for example that can change the Lighting of the game to night time. I’m not sure if they still work with FE because they was created some time ago but there are still gears that have un-desirable effects to game-play or balance. Like having a damaging sword in a game purely designed for roleplay.

2. Some games may not have a use for gears or practical (e.g. it’s not practical to put gears in a game that’s only GUI) - what’s the point in that? Nobody is going to leave the GUI to be able to experience the gear!

3. No option to make scripts function “cosmetically” only (for example, I know I would love a option in the game settings to have more refinements) the current refinement settings are very minimal
  4. There doesn’t seem to be a real “incentive” to allow developers to allow gear in their game. I thought of an idea for a “gear pass” that would allow gear I manually select, maintain and update in game. This way I can only allow gear I know that doesn’t damage the gameplay and I could make a small 100R$ extra for anyone that wishes to use some of their gear in game like snowglobes and such.

I would myself allow all the small cool items that help social experiences take place - as cheesy as that sounds I don’t think allowing gear like this would hamper my gameplay at all.
  1. A lot of the gear in the catalog still needs fixing - as far as I’m aware

In general as a buyer of gears, there’s no point to buy them any more. They are pricey and no game accepts them in general. They are there mostly for cosmetic reasons because having a cool guitar on your avatar is cool. I wish developers did more to support gears and I think having a “gear pass” is a great idea to allow gear you choose (if the player owns it) to be used in game.

I hope in the future a dedicated team of people move forward and make a “safe gear list” and gears do once again become popular and used.

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Request to Sunset ‘Allowed Gear’