A problem with transparency when using the new material "Force Field"?

MaterialCapture

I started using the new force material to create merged backgrounds for planets. the part is set to -60 for the material to be completely opaque. but I ran into a problem.

the image provided has two parts, one with a transparency at 0, and one at 0.5. the partially transparent part turns invisible when viewed against the force field part.
I don’t want to use neon for a blended background because of the glow. and forcefield has just what I needed. I cant find very much info on this new material so any help or knowledge would be appreciated.

Hello fellow developer!

I am currently trying to replicate the problem, but I can’t really make out how the problem would be replicated from your instructions. There is a few things that you could add to the description for recreating the problem.

1. A picture that gives the direction of which you noticed the problem.
  2. Which of the bricks are which, what material do they have? Which one is the transparent one? etc.

I hope I can help if you add more specific information on how the problem arose.

/TheJukebox8

I am not really sure I understand your usage of the forcefield material in this case. If you are trying to make a “background” or solid colored skybox out of parts unaffected by light, you can use surface guis with no light influence.

1 Like

that could also work too, I forgot about that.