A PS1-Style game that I made. Any feedback?

I started a little project today, its a PS1-Style game with the usual low-quality textures, low poly objects etc.
It’s also FPS capped to 20 to make it as realistic as possible to an actual PS1 game

Cool little project i guess, heres the game

Also might turn this into a horror game, send ideas and feedback if you want

11 Likes

i do not have experience in 3D models
but i know on thing:
you should make a bad pixle texture
add dark spots in texture
try and make lamps non round shape
if you think this is ridiculous its not a problem
having bad graphics is not the only way to make the game feel simple

4 Likes

its meant to emulate a PS1 game, which had really bad graphics and simple geometry

2 Likes

This is really good! The textures are spot on and its pretty simalar to playing a real ps1 game!

1 Like

It looks like a PS1 game for sure! I was wondering, where did you get the textures?

2 Likes

Really good! I recommend you make the street lamps a little more sharp. They look a bit too smooth in my opinion.

i got them from here

I personally never had a PS1 nor played any PS1 Games, much less 3D ones however I have seen some screenshots and I do have to applaud you, this looks exactly PS1 style.

I’m impressed. Keep us updated! I would like to see how this game goes!

1 Like

Nice job! The ground reminds me of the game Ocarina of Time. Sorry haha just a Legend of Zelda freak. Looks cool!

You recreated the style really well, Good job!

looks cool, but one thing I would note is the rounded lamps. In the ps1 days, they had to use very few polygons, so they wouldn’t have things that are that round.