A realistic animation question

I want to create a realistic and smooth equip animation but it looks like what I want but its too jerky and unrealistic. I’ve tried to move the keyframes around and tried adding in new ones but it hasn’t gotten me what I want

2 Likes

I am not really sure what the question is, but I have an answer:
Try to pose the character in different poses, or watch some tutorials on YouTube.
The posing shluld be done with a 0.5 second difference.

What I have gathered from friends who animate is that the key to really smooth and realistic animations is to make new keyframes every 0.1 second or so. Your editor will get crammed but it is worth the result. Every small movement counts. Also don’t be afraid to change the tween type, it defaults to linear but I personally use sine, you can experiment to find what’s best though. Hope this helps!

1 Like

No don’t do this. It’ll end up really jittery and you’ll make many mistakes. Try to keep the movements as smooth and natural as possible.

My animation trechnique is to start with the starting position and then make the ending position and fill in the gaps slowly. To make it smooth the movements have to be kind of swift. I watched some videos on 3d animation too. This might help you. I also take reference from real life and video games to help me work out the movements.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Unless you are good at stop motion, this isn’t the best idea. It depends on what animation you want to make. If you want a realistic idle, then make the movements like their breathing, but make it subtle enough that they don’t look like they are dancing. Also, play around with easing, if used correctly, they can make your animations 10x smoother.

No I don’t mean it like jittering, I mean like every small movement they make you make a keyframe, because the default roblox tweens in between large gaps will just look unrealistic. It basically gives the animator more control.

You don’t need a keyframe every millisecond for it to look good. It can look good, but it’s overly difficult and time consuming. The default easing styles look good on their own, but if you want more control over easing, use Moon Animator.

I don’t mean every millisecond, i mean only in areas that give you more control, and usually the more realistic ones mean you need more control therefore more keyframes.

Oh I see. You mean to put extra keyframes in-between the main ones for more natural movement.

1 Like