A "Revert Replacement" for Replace in Script Editor

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to revert selected or functions that were replaced inside a Script.

Currently, if you replace a function or variable inside of a script, for instance, Vector3 to Vector2 for some apparent reason, for development purposes and realizing that I should revert back to. Allowing a secondary button for reverting a replacement of a function would benefit me as I use that tool a lot.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I can revert safely and without using shortcuts or Undo / Redo tools.

1 Like

Hi @loueque, so instead of the normal undo/redo shortcut, you would find it more useful to have an “undo/redo function” shortcut? Just curious to see if the current undo/redo behavior supports the same use case you need

Yes. I find it more useful if there was a “undo/redo function” in the Replace property of Script Editor, normally I like to use “Replace All” and “Replace Next” and then usually want to revert that change when updating my game or debugging purposes.

Undo / Redo is helpful, but I mainly use that for building or designing UI, which is outside of scripting as I don’t tend to focus on those buttons and mainly the “Script Menu” itself.