A "reviews" section

At this point in time, games and all assets have comments, but they will get horribly spammed to no end, and no real comments will ever be seen again when it matters.

I am going to suggest something like this idea:
http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=165511867

Rather than block comments altogether like this idea, the idea would be to add a completely new section called “reviews”, which would be like comments, but have the following requirements:

1. People review must have played the game (maybe require at least 1 minute of gameplay?) or owned the asset
  2. The owners can’t review their own assets
  3. It is required on (the people who disable them would be game copiers.

Why do this? I would love to go to the comments of a 100 robux paid access game, but it is hard to find useful feedback when the comments are spammed with “-Points down- Watch out kids, he farted” or “BUILDER MAN TOLD ME HOW TO GET ################## ROBUX …” or “Hey, I got 500,000 robux for doing this quick tool www(.)site(.)com”, so this would fix it.

Issues:

1. Spam will still exist (you can never prevent this)
  2. Botted reviews if no required time is set (TobotRobot knows of the exploit, Ripull and I posted how and he saw it)

So, thoughts on getting this feature? I have a feeling this would be good for people with little Robux on knowing what not to buy (ex: Reviews could be like “Game is copied”, “Admin does not work”, “No not buy, stuff does nothing”, etc.)

1 Like

I came up with an idea similar to this for games. You’d have to give a game a rating (1-5), a reason for the rating, and have more than 5 min of gameplay. This would be amazing and very helpful.

This would be extremely useful.

The cool thing is that the head of the web team is at RDC East, so I will run the idea by him tomorrow. He will probably be able to provide some input on the practicality of this idea.

Some of the staff member names on the RDC East threads are unfamiliar to me. Is there a place that lists what each of them do at ROBLOX?

The web team member is Sharpnine, and I only found out because I asked him.
OnlyTwentyCharacters is games team, Khanovich is client team, BrightEyes is head of marketing, I think (and likes Brighti’s :wink: ), and ReeseMcBlox is head of community management.

This is a bit different from the idea I suggested though.

What should also be added is an upvoting system to put helpful reviews on the top.

The whole point of reviews is to get rid of spam, which is why it wouldn’t be an issue if there were a way to upvote helpful reviews.

You should also not be able to disable the “Reviews” section, otherwise it’s obsolete.

I think the suggestion should be edited a bit or reposted.