A road out of meshparts

Looks cool!!!

THIS SEEMS TO BE UNCOOL
XD

8 Likes

Oh my god 18 thousand parts is way too much parts.

its 32k now, and it will increase and increase until the road for the whole city is done.

1 Like

That is a major issue.
What about low end devices, there devices will not probably be even able to load up the game.
Just saying, but that’s your game, just saying, you’ll get less players.
Gooday!

2 Likes

Well, all can really depend on the quality of your device, personally, 100k parts isn’t even much for me, obviously someone on mobile will most likely not be able to handle it, but usually games with much detail aren’t designed for mobile. A lot of low end pc’s can atleast handle around 50k parts if I’m not wrong, either way 18K - 32K is pretty average for a game.

2 Likes

The amount of parts is a big yikes but that smoothness is pretty good

1 Like

way too many part which deliver way too little for that amount, it looks nice but it’s utterly unoptimized

So this means that I will just stop my project?

No, don’t just randomly give up because someone on the devforum told you you’ve used too many parts. Afterall they’re just telling you that there are quite a lot of parts, don’t stop working on it unless you actually want to drop the project or feel demotivated. Just because someone’s opinion on your place is on some aspects negative doesn’t mean you should give up. It’s a pretty stupid reason to drop a project.
Sure the game may not work for some people as good as for others, but that shouldn’t affect the detail and hard work put into the game. I believe your project will turn out into success and I wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I actually just said that because I am a bit bored.

1 Like

Agreeable.
I just say that as I use a 235$ laptop that can only run ToH at 43FPS on full screen.
So 32k parts would probably run under 10FPS for me on full screen.

It’s 42k right now, to be honest I gotta tell you that i work on my project for 10-14 hours a day.

2 Likes

Here you go my fellow developer. Please use this. :wink:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/good-optimization-practices/723726/16

I’m not too sure how low end PC’s can’t handle 50k parts. They can handle around 20k-30k parts. With lag.

yea ik, my pc is just ddr3, core i5 and 8gb ram idk if it is high or low end pc.
it can handle up to 130k parts.

No low end pc can handle that many parts trust me.