A "Safe Chat" for Xbox?

Now it’s no secret that Roblox on Xbox kinda sucks for social experience. Xbox players only have 8 emotes that they could possibly use to communicate, or by doing something like spam jumping.

I’m looking to find a solution to this, and what I am thinking is a “Safe Chat” for Xbox to implement into my games

What I have in mind is a set of premade chat options to select from that an Xbox player can select and then be displayed in game above their head in game or in the server chat, similar to the old roblox Safe Chat (2012ish, see screenshots below)

Is this allowed under the Roblox TOS? I want to make sure that I can do this before I go and implement it into my games. I really would like to implement this as a feature for Xbox players in my games as it could drastically improve the gameplay experience for them.

Thanks!

6 Likes

As long as it doesn’t contain any inappropriate content and follows the roblox rules, it should be fine. There shouldn’t be an issue unless you include content that is prohibited by the guidelines.

6 Likes

IIRC you can do chat systems for Xbox as long as the text is premade by you - the developer. The issue would be allowing users to create their own safe chats.

4 Likes

This should be a built-in feature on Xbox

4 Likes

Agreed. I still am not sure why this hasn’t been even considered by Roblox themselves…

2 Likes