A Script request

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    a script im wanting to make it is if someone types in the chat /devconsole or /console it erases their text and replaces it with @()$(&)!&(% and keeps mixing it up those characters untill they stop chatting
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    None i just need to know how
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    using onchatted event and it didnt work as what i wanted it to
    After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
-- This is an example Lua code block

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

3 Likes

Please see the final paragraph on your post.

6 Likes

if you are using TextChatService,you should use TextChatService.MessageReceived.Because chatted command only works on Legacy Chat.

2 Likes

Huh a script im wanting to make it is if someone types in the chat /devconsole or /console it erases their text and replaces it with @()$(&)!&(% and keeps mixing it up random characters untill they stop chatting im asking for that not for people to write the whole srcipt i just want that

1 Like

what i mean is if the player types in the chat without sending it /devconsole or /console i want it to mix these characters $@!&$@_ That replaces devconsole and console with the characters

1 Like

if i know correctly,in client you have to check the TextBox in the chatinputconfiguration in TextChatService.when the textbox has /console word you can switch that message to your mixed characters.

1 Like

okay thanks also this is what i mean by

External Media
1 Like

you can have a table that contains different mixed characters. and call a function when textbox has /console word that mixes the textbox with table.just use repeat loop to reach your goal and use the index of table for random mixed character.then apply it to textbox.

1 Like

okay im new to lua so would it go in startergui or startercharacterscripts,etc also by that i trying to learn to actually script

1 Like

oh thats cool i hope you will learn in time.ill try to do your idea in my game.

1 Like

okay like a teamcreate? or? yea

1 Like

if not thats okay i totally understand

1 Like

And that’s exactly what you did. Please read the template, then replace all of that text with your topic.

3 Likes

i didnt i simply asked for how to make it? noone gave a script

1 Like

The thing you are trying to make is not possible with TextChatService.

1 Like

It might be possible because you can replace ChatInputBarConfiguration.TextBox with your own textbox (btw your textbox must be parented under playergui before changing that property)

2 Likes

it is did u not see my video?

https://api-f.streamable.com/api/v1/videos/xt5m2w/mp4

1 Like

That is not TextChatService, that’s the legacy chat system which should not be used anymore.

1 Like

well i just want that effect. y

1 Like

thats actually super easy to do on TextChatService

I will explain how to do it.

Step 1: Make your own ScreenGui and parent TextBox into that ScreenGui
Step 2: Parent ScreenGui under LocalPlayer’s PlayerGui (you must do that with LocalScript)
Step 3: Change ChatInputBarConfiguration.TextBox property to that TextBox you parented under ScreenGui with LocalScript

Step 4:

TextBox:GetPropertyChangedSignal("Text"):Connect(function()
        if TextBox.Text:lower():find("/console") then
                TextBox.Text="Haha using devconsole is not allowed!"
        end
end)
1 Like