A "Scroll Past" feature

instead of having to make a bunch of new lines at the end of a script to create scroll space, i’d like to be able to scroll past where the script actually ends. the scroll cutoff would be when only one line of code is visible. i made some pretty images for u

what we have

Summary

what i want

Summary

example of cutoff

Summary

28 Likes

Not sure why the images aren’t in spoilers…

Add a new line after summary to make them go inside.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Why would you find this useful?

Because it’s nicer to scroll the bottom of your code to the middle of your screen to read it and keep adding to it. Otherwise when we’re adding code we’re always looking at the bottom of our screens with the line you’re working on basically touching the bottom of the window.

6 Likes

I support this if it’s simple to implement. Most code editors allow you to scroll a full viewport height past the last line of code.

3 Likes

Support as long as it’s optional, I personally wouldn’t want to use it however I can see how it could be useful.

1 Like

Is exactly why I support/want this.

1 Like

Quick bump since it’s still an issue I’m running into today! With the amount of new IDE quality of life improvements lately, I believe this would be another great addition to studio.

5 Likes

I find myself spamming enter at the bottom of scripts so that I can position code in a nice location for reading.

2 Likes

This’d be great, especially as I’m using a portrait monitor to write most of my code.

1 Like

required feature

1 Like

I would love for this to be a feature! Even though it is a small feature request, little improvements like these are what make the product overall much better.

1 Like