With the recent actions taken by twitter (most likely their undeveloped AI) on our community members on Roblox, I believe that the time has come for Roblox to create and establish their own social media platform for developers to communicate with their audience. This thread is in response to the many discussion threads created on this forum, as listed.
Other Threads in Relation to Twitter
I am requesting Roblox to establish their own social media platform, such as social.roblox.com. This will allow developers to interact with their audience and reduce the risk of being moderated unfairly. Twitter has been a great platform for developers to interact with players and other developers (outside of DevForum), but with the recent crisis, this may not be the best solution. Members of the community have been removed from twitter over tweets that weren’t controversial, and have been denied their appeals as well. A great example of this is CloneTrooper1019 with this tweet.
Other examples of members being suspended/compromised from twitter include, but not limited to, Lilly_S, a member of the Developer Relations, Younite, hoosierdaddy22, THEM Magaines, and others.
There are some user suggestions I’ve collected and put together here.
- Deleting Posts.
- “Hiding” Specific Posts from other users.
- Replying to a post. Replies show when the original post is clicked.
- You receive posts in your feed from people you follow and groups you’re in.
- Ability to link social media with ROBLOX so anything you post there goes to those places.
- Inline images.
- Inline styling.
- Clickable hashtags to categorize posts
- Search posts. All posts. Not just the ones in the past 24 hours. Not just the latest 30.
- Don’t update a player’s feed based on when the player is signed in.
- Privatizing Posts
Suggestions by [constantly updated]: ChipioIndustries , GetEnveloped
- Directly linked to roblox.com
- Ensures that the owners are actually the owners
- Interaction between developers and players
- Same account!
- An addition to the moderation team dedicated to the social side.
- Filtering? (pls, no, pls, someone find me a solution to this)
- Posts being COPPA compliant (from 1waffle1)
Edit: After reading the discussion, this would likely not be a suitable option for Roblox, as it will be extremely difficult for the content to be COPPA compliant, and there’s just too many issues overall.