A Tough Decision

Hello Developers,
So I’ve been working on a game for a bit, and I need a very small map for it + advertise it once it releases.
So I currently have 5.6k Robux and I’m not sure how I should spend the remaining amount.
Here are some of my options:

1. Spend all of it on getting a really good builder + modeler to make the map and do very little or no advertisements
2. Use a map my nice friend made for free and spend all of it on advertisements (my friend is a good builder but he isn’t a modeler so all of the models are from the toolbox)
3. Do something in between (respond with what you would do below)

6 Likes

Would recommend you to start practicing on your own to make maps, I’m sure you’ll get very good at it and you won’t need anybody!

If you don’t like that idea, then you can just hire somebody, but I recommend you ask your friends first, because that idea is cheaper / free, and, who knows, maybe they are good at it?

1 Like

A decent one costed me 300 USD.
A professional would cost you a dominus.

That wouldn’t work either, because believe it or not, unless your icons and advertisments are masterpieces, other wise with a decent CTR you’ll need at least 100K to have your game featured for free in discover.
5.6K wouldn’t get you anywhere, so consider buying some Robux from other DEVs or find investors.

4 Likes

Dang that’s a lot. My map is very small(like around the size of a lobby), how much do you think it would cost a builder to make that?

100k? That’s a lot. What if I used 5.6k + got a YouTuber?

2 Likes

Adding onto what people said above, you can always advertise through other groups and on other platforms like discord, and partner with some servers; I always see it happening in any ROBLOX-related server I’m in.

Builders are often really expensive, if you want a quality one. Some may slack, and some can scam you so you have to be on your feet for that.
Also it would help if you specified the purpose of the game itself, sometimes a small map is good; sometimes a bigger one is better.

2 Likes

Some good builders do it for cheap maybe for a Youtube video or for skill practicing, but you need to understand that normally, the price should depend on the quality.
How long would it take to make? Normal DEVs would ask around 10 USD per hour, and professionals probably around 40 USD.

Can the YouTuber bring you weeks of stable concurrent?

1 Like

So. Learn modeling (its not THAT hard) and edit the models your friend got from the toolbox. And spend about 1k on the add per 10 days
so 100 robux per day would be good. I guess?

or just steal your moms credit card and buy a million robux and yea just spend 500k on ads lol.

2 Likes

It would probably take an hour to make since the map is less than 100x100 studs. I think I’ll make the map myself.

I am friends with a few small YouTubers with like 500-1000 subscribers.

1 Like

yea ur game won’t really get lots of players with only 5.6k into ads and a few small youtubers

2 Likes

If it was me, I would probably spend all of them hiring builders/modelers, because there is no rush and game quality is a priority as it increases the chances of your game being successful.
You can always earn that Robux back to spend it on ads.

2 Likes

How many Robux do you think I need?

1 Like

Yeah quality is important, but my goal is to have this game released before September.

1 Like

well 5.6k won’t really get you anywhere so i’d suggest just trying to find a cheap builder

2 Likes

80K-500K.
Anything under that would not be enough to be featured, or if you think you’re the one, could try luck :confused:

2 Likes

I’m going to make the map myself, and try and save up the Robux to get an advertisement.

Meaning it wouldn’t even show up?

1 Like

yea it wont show up most likely

3 Likes

In my opinion, it’s best if you go at this alone. Build the map yourself and see where it takes you. You could hire a modeler if building isn’t your strong suite.

As for the advertisements, that’s kind of a no-no, but if you really want them, put very few. And try not to make them seem clickbait.

1 Like

With only a few advertisements, how will make my game get any attention?

1 Like

Well, I guess it’s due to dumb luck.

Let’s look at an example: get a snack at 4 am. It didn’t really show itself up, but still ended up being a great game. You have to make your game name, goal and thumbnail shine unique from all the others

1 Like

I had concurrent players and only spent around idk 4k or 5k on sponsorships it made me profit to. So unlike what some people think in these replies it really depends on what game you have and what audience your after. I would put my money into ads/sponsorships but only once your sure your map is good. Ask friends or find small developers make a team and you can get it done, good luck!

1 Like