A typo bug? In my PlayerScripts?

It looks like the PlayerScript “BubbleChat” has a typo in it.

ChatConstants should be chatConstants. This error is displaying all over my local output for what seems like every time someone chats on this game, and it seems to be breaking bubble chat entirely.

2 Likes

cc @TheGamer101

1 Like

He knows already: New Chat System Now Live!

1 Like

This is pretty embarrassing :frowning:
A quick fix for any game experiencing this issue is to add this line to their chat setting file.

module.BubbleChatMessageTypes = {"Message", "Whisper"}

Tomorrow we will look into getting a fix out on Tuesday or if it is possible to turn off the feature that caused this.

2 Likes

Gosh, do you even test your code before shipping!?

/s

Love the update.

1 Like

@Xsitsu @TheGamer101 Also, here is something related to the new chat system that I found: it seems that the “ObjectPool” module doesn’t have any functionality to disconnect events once an object is recycled. This was causing me problems when I was modifying the chat scripts. As far as I can tell, it looks like the TextButtons (where you click on someone’s name to enter their whisper chat channel) are stacking up event listeners.

2 Likes

This is a really good find. Someone reported this behavior before but I was not able to reproduce it. I wish there was a disconnect events method on an instance, but for now I will probably just add functionality to the object pool to track connections.

1 Like