A update command to restart a game server from a d#iscord bot command

My friend codes the d#iscord bot so that aprt is covered. However, he dose nto know anything baotu roblox. If anyone is a pro scripter or knows both can help that would be ace.

So bascially a command is ran called “/UpdateServers” from a d#iscord bot. Once ran it will begin a coutndown of 5 minuites. It will send a UI notification in game with the title of “GAME UPDATE” and a description text of “The game will update in 5 minuites. Please wrap up your activities and preapre for a server restart.” Once the 5 minuite timer has ended it will do another announcement in game with the screen UI but the description text will say “The game is now being updated with the next published update. We appologise for any inconveince caused against your activivited in the game”. After 60 seconds of that beign said then the game servers get re-booted.

If you can due to it being a big project and I am on d#iscord mor eoften than dev fourm feel free to reach out to me via my DMS on d#iscord.

My D#iscord user is: tancove

OpenCloud MessagingAPI, to post a message to the roblox servers from the discord bot.
Then, in game, do MessagingService:SubscribeAsync so that the servers know when the discord bot sends the message. Once that happens, just handle the UI and stuff

1 Like

I only have 4 months experience can u explain on detail with an example?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.