A way to bypass the 200 variable limit

How do I bypass the limit? Pretty straight foward question, but maybe theres an alternative that anyone knows?

as far as i know, you cant, but you can still use global variables instead

2 Likes

Like _G? Would that work instead?

1 Like

no, you just have to not put ā€˜localā€™ when defining the variable

like this:

integer = 1

2 Likes

but what if it was something like this?

local Glow = Instance.new("UnionOperation")

This is basically a table based approach.

or what @POOPENGUIN is talking about

Never had this issue, using modules help. How to use modules is another story the first people start with is usually OOP.

1 Like

you could just remove the ā€˜localā€™.

this should work just fine:
Glow = Instance.new(ā€œUnionOperationā€)

although, just fyi, if you define another function in your script, you should be able to use more local variables within that function.

1 Like

If you need more than 200 variables, chances are youā€™re doing something wrong. To further this, defining variables without local in luau is not advised and itā€™s also less efficient than a local variable. You shouldnā€™t have all game logic in a single script. Iā€™ve been on roblox for 11 years and I didnā€™t even know there was a limit until you posted this.

5 Likes

You can still contain everything within a single script and not exceed the two hundred local environment limit, the thread posterā€™s code base must be employing some really bad practices, i.e; declaring variables for literals where not necessary.

local one = "1"
local two = "2"
local three = "3"
1 Like

Is there a reason you canā€™t use a do block?

1 Like

You could use dictionaries. Donā€™t use global variables. Also, please donā€™t tell me you actually somehow reached the limit.

1 Like