A way to bypass the 200 variable limit

How do I bypass the limit? Pretty straight foward question, but maybe theres an alternative that anyone knows?

as far as i know, you cant, but you can still use global variables instead

2 Likes

Like _G? Would that work instead?

1 Like

no, you just have to not put ‘local’ when defining the variable

like this:

integer = 1

2 Likes

but what if it was something like this?

local Glow = Instance.new("UnionOperation")

This is basically a table based approach.

or what @POOPENGUIN is talking about

Never had this issue, using modules help. How to use modules is another story the first people start with is usually OOP.

1 Like

you could just remove the ‘local’.

this should work just fine:
Glow = Instance.new(“UnionOperation”)

although, just fyi, if you define another function in your script, you should be able to use more local variables within that function.

1 Like

If you need more than 200 variables, chances are you’re doing something wrong. To further this, defining variables without local in luau is not advised and it’s also less efficient than a local variable. You shouldn’t have all game logic in a single script. I’ve been on roblox for 11 years and I didn’t even know there was a limit until you posted this.

5 Likes

You can still contain everything within a single script and not exceed the two hundred local environment limit, the thread poster’s code base must be employing some really bad practices, i.e; declaring variables for literals where not necessary.

local one = "1"
local two = "2"
local three = "3"
1 Like

Is there a reason you can’t use a do block?

1 Like

You could use dictionaries. Don’t use global variables. Also, please don’t tell me you actually somehow reached the limit.

1 Like