A Way to make a procedural song on Roblox, Feedback?

I made a sort of procedural song using free assets, i know its bad but if you use this with your own sounds and loops, it can sound cool!

you can even use this to make your own music inside roblox and sometimes, for example if you need 2 or more songs that use almost the same type of sounds, you can use this to save up on robux!

What are the thoughts of you guys on this?

4 Likes

This is amazing, the rhythm is nice.

2 Likes

i think its a great idea for a game, it would be really cool to make a song with other players by jumping on random buttons… But you’ll probably need to make proper samples rather than just hoping to find good random stuff in the model browser, sadly this is probably like 50,000 robux to make a proper dj board thing…

1 Like

That’s a pretty good idea for a game but I was thinking :
why spend a lot of robux for a simple 2-3 min
song when I can make one using code for a cheaper price

This way, I can upload a few song loops and beats and join them together to make songs for my simulator game.

Who knows? Maybe I could use the simulator game’s earnings to finance that rythm game idea you gave me.

50000 / 20 = 2500 , why would I have that many sfx though…
Maybe 88 will be a good number.

a basic drum beat is made of a bass, a tom, a high hat, a ride and splash cymbal, i was thinking of maybe like 10 different samples for each atleast. and you’d want to have different styles too, (i.e breakbeat, drum n bass, electronic, etc) so for the drums alone i think your looking at lowest 150+ samples
but that would give you an almost infinite number of drum beats you could generate, particularly if you allowed people to control echo, pitch, reverb, distortion etc…
If i ever get enough robux i’ll give it a go and let you know

1 Like