Abandoned Convenience Store

I have recently created a new abandoned convenience store/gas station for an upcoming game. I am curious to know what the community thinks and any improvements I could make.

1 Like

Looks like it works great, however I would over rely so much on textures for detail

1 Like

It’s good but for feedback, I suggest adding a lot of detail, it is too bland and blocky and it looks really rushed. I suggest adding more detail like an extra layer to the counters, gas station, and roof. You used the brick material a lot. Try adding more lights, a broken light would be cool, broken glass, boarded windows, knocked over stuff, or graffti but broken things will be cool. Also make the store inside dark so it looks really abandoned and try not to make it too blocky and add freezers etc, otherwise looks good. I hope you take my suggestions and use them to improve your abandoned store. One more thing I suggest not to use free models it doesn’t really make it your own work but yeah good job! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It doesn’t look abandoned enough to me. I think broken windows or cracks in the wall would look pretty cool. And don’t rely on textures and free models as stated by others. Otherwise good job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like its coming together! I highly recommend uploading custom textures, a good source that I use often is textures.com

2 Likes

Textures look so stretched also building looks really empty from outside, i mean flat.

2 Likes

You should add some parts lying around! So there is like, rotten steel randomly on the ground!

1 Like

Looks kinda blocky and bland add more to it more rust and textures wold be nice.

1 Like

The structure is good, but there is still room for improvement: Maybe try to add more detail inside and out, add more textures it will make the game look more realistic.

1 Like

I would add more debris, old newspapers, broken down car outside, Flat tires, Jerry Can, Food on the floor, Dirty/Broken windows, graffiti on the walls, overgrown plants in corners. From the looks of it this building wouldn’t have been abandon for too long or there would be more plants and mess around so I would think that people would’ve stolen food, gas, money from this place and left it looking like a dump. I also think it would look much better if the entire inside was dark and had some flickering lights or dim lights from old coolers.

1 Like

One of the biggest things you can do to accomplish the effect I think you’re going for is have more decay.

• Bits of concrete strewn about and entire walls and ceiling segments sunken in or collapsed entirely, revealing natural light.

• Where there are walls, try having vines or plants growing upward, since most buildings get destroyed by plants and water getting into cracks in concrete and increasing the width between blocks.

• Add breaks in the floor where roots have lifted up the concrete and plants have broken through. This makes a great effect with creeping vines or little plant “oases” break through with natural lighting in broken ceilings above.

All in all, it has potential. Feel free to expand it and break it to your hearts content.

1 Like