Ability to assign multiple roles to one user in a group

In many groups there are issues that certain members belong to 1 or more roles within the group, however, it is ineffective and expensive to purchase (mixed roles). Roblox should provide a way to add multiple ranks or labels on a group member.

For example, when a user is both a builder and a scripter in that group, putting them in a group as a builder hides the fact that they’re a scripter and vice versa. Adding a group role like “Builder + Scripter” looks odd, and for many groups, they’d have to repeat it for all other combinations of roles.

My proposal is that a group can classify group members using more than 1 role. For the example above, the group can classify the user into the “Builder” and “Scripter” roles, so that his combined role within the group is fully represented.

I believe that this could very beneficial for development and community groups on Roblox because it will be more user-friendly to have mixed roles within a group.

17 Likes

In regards to the assignment itself, that’s great, and there’s obviously a use for it.

My concern is how it would look on the profile page. Would you be displayed as your highest role, would both (or all) roles be displayed? This could cause confusion in the profile groups. Same concern applies to the group member list. Would someone be listed in both roles?

To clarify, this is what I am imagining would happen should the change be implemented:
This creates confusion, and additionally, the more roles they have, I would imagine the more cramped it would be.

5 Likes

As a Roblox Group Owner, It is currently difficult to have a good ranking system. Say, I have a moderator In the group who is also a developer for a game, If I were to give them the Developer role they’d lose their Moderator Abilities. What I could do Is:

*A: Give Moderators the Developer permissions
While this does work, it would mean giving all the moderators developer permissions which could result in some mishaps in the game. This is where the feature request part comes in, we could add

*B: Role Stacking
Role stacking is basically giving a specific person 2 roles. Discord has this feature and it’s really helpful. Now, let’s say you’re in the group admin menu and you’re seeing the list of all the players and their ranks. Right now, the group admin displays 1 rank under their avatar (You can see it in figure 1 below this paragraph). If Role Stacking were to be added then you could have it so the rank displayed under their avatar would be the highest rank (You can see it in figure 2 below this paragraph).

Figure 1

Figure 2

Moving on, let’s say you want to see all the roles the person has, a solution for this would be clicking on their avatar and a menu would pop up (I will be using a picture from Discord’s role system as an example).

How Would This Help?
This would help the Roblox group community in many ways, such as:

1. Reducing the amount of robux they’d have to spend on ranks
    Instead of making a new rank called Special Moderator, they could use role stacking instead.

2. Convenience
    Instead of giving all the moderators the ability to develop on the games and potentially damage it, they could use Role stacking for a safer and faster way for the certain Mod to develop.

8 Likes

I think that this could cause a lot of confusion and be more of a mess for a ton, of Roblox games.
If Roblox wanted to add this feature to its platform, they should have done it right when discord started getting famous, if they did it now, everyone, and that’s many, many, many lego game groups would have to change their discords, and there are very complex Roblox communities who would have to work a lot to get back to their normal operations.
And currently, everyone has just adapted to it and assimilated it, there are bots in discord that will help, and many other methods from my perspective.

This doesn’t really seem like an issue. If anything, you should just consolidate.

This doesn’t really make sense with the current permission setup since the permissions that are there are not granular at all, but this absolutely becomes necessary if Roblox starts adding granular permission systems, since you don’t want to duplicate the same permissions across multiple roles just so you have one role for each possible situation.

You’d want multiple roles per user so that a user can wear multiple hats in the group without needing to duplicate the permission config across multiple roles.

I think it’s a really good idea, but it’s not beneficial for Roblox. Since they want to make money through Roblox users. And in that case their sales would go down, so I’m really sure they won’t add that. But as a suggestion it’s really good and I like it.