Ability to collapse all folds in explorer

Here’s an example

Imagine there’s 100 of these. It just makes the scroll bar for explorer really long.

I saw a collapse all folds in the script editor.
It would make a lot of our lives easier if we could collapse all folds in the explorer, too.

79 Likes

This isn’t possible at the moment, as far as I know.

2 Likes

I believe if you close Studio and re-open it, they should be collapsed.

3 Likes

I think this should be added, though. :stuck_out_tongue: Perhaps make it a suggestion?

8 Likes

I would make a feature request to have the ability to close all folds in the explorer at once added. This is definitely a hassle to deal with.

7 Likes

Alright, I’ll change the thread to a feature request.

3 Likes

I think this could be useful. So I bumped the thread

4 Likes

Sometimes when I’m working on my game’s map I end up eventually expanding the entire hierarchy under workspace. I can collapse the top level folders but the descendants of those folders will remember whether or not they were expanded, so every time I have to expand that folder I have to deal with all of the expanded descendants.

Other times I’m working on reusable models and need to paste an instance into multiple other instances. I do this by selecting them all and pressing Ctrl+shift+V. This expands everything I just pasted into, and it’s very tedious to collapse everything so I can use the explorer efficiently again.

It would be nice if I could just right click on an instance and recursively collapse its entire subtree.

8 Likes

Here is a visual of my primary motivation for this feature.

I use plugins to select a bunch of similar parts in models that I’m reusing in my game to make adjustments to all of them at once, and this always expands everything. No matter how organized my workspace is, I have to close everything again or it will haunt me forever.

To close everything I have to rapidly tap the left and down arrow keys on my keyboard (this trick broke briefly last week). I should never have to do this. I just want to be able to select a bunch of stuff and choose a “collapse all” option.

https://gfycat.com/PhysicalBothHermitcrab

(I don’t use packages for reusable models because they have been too unreliable WRT floating point precision issues. I don’t want to deal with it.)

6 Likes

FYI this is Shift+Click on the arrow in other applications. It expands/collapses the whole tree instead of just the one object.

EDIT: Wrong reply :grimacing:

6 Likes

Workaround plugin: (warning, hacky)

10 Likes

It took over 5 years but Roblox has finally added this as a first-party feature:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.