Ability to Delete Games w/o Start Place

I completely agree, the main issue is ROBLOX’s ID system uses integers right now. The ID of the asset is the number of assets that have been uploaded + 1.

There was a thread a month back that I read, where someone suggested ROBLOX using a hash for an ID key for every asset.

Until they move from a numerical ID system, this won’t really be possible since you will have missing ID numbers when you delete an asset.

With a hash ID system or something similiar that is non-numerical, this will be possible.

1 Like

The ID doesn’t need to be freed up, it can just be marked somehow internally, and adjust the APIs such that they do not return marked items in the results.

1 Like

What would the point of keeping deleted assets be?

Don’t know, I’m replying to your comment where you imply it would be a problem to delete them. They can just be hidden on the develop pages instead if that were a problem (but I doubt it)

Let me rephrase what I meant: it doesn’t matter really how the feature would be implemented, as long as it solves the need described in the first post. (being able to remove/hide clutter on develop pages)

2 Likes

This feature would be very useful considering we can’t upload places directly under an existing game(I don’t think).

2 Likes