Ability To Increase Terrain Resolution

As you all know, the terrain resolution is currently set to 4. The terrain resolution is how large or small the voxels of each terrain cells are.

I would appreciate the option to choose how large or small the resolution of each terrain cell is because I am currently making a terrain painting system, but the painting looks weird because the cells cells are too large.

1 Like

Do you have your Paint tool set to 1?
I know if you want fine detail, but if I drag the paint tool diagonally across Terrain it usually does a pretty nice job. It doesn’t exactly paint 4x4 squares to look like Minecraft.

I don’t think you understand what I mean. I am making my own custom terrain painter system for my game, but it doesn’t look accurate because of the resolution.

This would be ideal for me. I require greater resolution for my terrain - but I cant achieve this because roblox has fixed the resolution to 4x4x4. 2x2x2 would be ideal for me, but it should be the case that this is completely variable. I’m not sure if there is a technical reason why this cant be accomplished but the only workaround I currently have is to scale everything else up (including players).

1 Like