Ability to let others publish over (not just edit) shared games

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to publish to other player’s games, even if they give you access to manage through the game permissions feature given to beta users.

Background: One of the major issues I’ve been having with working on a project owned by someone else is publishing over to the actual game. I’m a scripter for a game that holds over 100 constant players, ~300+ weekends, and around 900-1200 with ads running. When I’m adding new features, a testing server is used. Once that feature passes testing, it’s added to the actual game. Constantly new bugs show up when things don’t get pcalled, data fails to load when other players are dependant for a player list, and other issues. When I fix these bugs, they need to be pushed over ASAP.

Problem: I can’t publish these fixes unless the game owner comes in and publishes themselves because I don’t have the ability to publish to their places. Even if I have edit or manage access.

Reproduce: Have a friend add you to a Team Create whether you get Edit or Manage permissions to it. Only they can publish over that game. You have to go in and edit it instead. You can’t publish over it.

Solution: Let developers give permissions to other developers to publish over games they own, rather than just having edit permissions to it. Additionally, a “Shared Places” tab could be added to the Publish to Roblox To place of Studio, that shows you places you don’t own but you do have publish permissions for.

19 Likes