Ability to look up "Animations" inside toolbox

Animations. They help us animate a humanoid inside a game like a spider or a noob, creating walking and idle animations for the user when they join the game with weapons or gear, but most importantly they help us learn body movements with a single character and customize it with our own. But how about searching up an example of a animation or use a animation for a small period of time or use it permanently?

As a Roblox developer, it is currently very hard to find animations onto toolbox and inside studio when searching for many types of animations for your game or to test something out.

Alright, it has been a pain to try looking for animations for a long time in studio and on the Roblox platform, and the only way to get animations is either go to your inventory and upload a personal animation, go to the page of the animation and go down to Recommended, and especially looking it up in the Models section. For me, you could find animations that could have a virus in them or a sketchy script.

Below me is a example of the toolbox currently with a animation tab with it:

Image 1:

Annotation 2020-07-11 142638

Image 2:

Annotation 2020-07-11 142201

The image above me is all the tabs inside toolbox in under a specific category, there isn’t a Animation tab insight and what I said before, the only way to find animations is on the platform or inside a studio.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I can navigate through the animation section in toolbox to find maybe Roblox animations or free animations to test on weapons or onto the character like walking and jumping instead of searching it up onto the models section and seeing a lot of sketchy models and things that are not even animations.

So, what do you think about this feature being implied to the toolbox and will it affect most developers?

EDIT: Didn’t know these topics existed since I couldn’t find them while searching, might bump them later on:

We should be able to see our own Animations in the Toolbox

Ability to insert Animations published to your profile/group into Studio using the Toolbox

13 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly, but here’s two posts asking for the same thing:

In particular, this one:

Would you consider bumping those topics instead? Thanks. :smiley:

5 Likes