We should be able to see our own Animations in the Toolbox

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to access my Animations once I create and upload them. This is because they are the only asset type I have to go on the website to copy IDs for, rather than any other type of asset (models, audio, decals, etc) which I can just insert directly from the Toolbox.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to insert my own Animations through the toolbox, staying entirely in Studio, rather than dealing with the website.

Note that I am not asking for public Animation instances in the toolbox! I’m asking to be able to see my own Animations in the Inventory tab of the Toolbox.

23 Likes

Agreed, this feature is a no-brainer and it’s nearly appalling that it hasn’t been added already. Animations has always been the muddy end of the stick of Roblox development and this is just one of the many animation-related smacks in the face that we have to suffer on a daily basis.

5 Likes

This could potentially be really easy to add to the Toolbox because we already have this function:

Which gets all of a user’s Animations in Lua.

4 Likes