Ability to purchase Premium with robux

I think we can all agree that Premium is needed for certain aspects of development, especially in clothing design and when you dev ex. I am not able to purchase premium with USD using a credit card or a gift card.

Even outside of development to receive premium benefits inside of games or access to the trading system, premium would be extremely useful to have.

Being able to purchase with robux at the dev ex rate would be extremely useful. At the dev ex rate, it would cost 1,426 robux to purchase 1 month… The only issue I see with this is you would not be able to receive the robux from the premium since you’d be getting essentially 500 robux off the original price.

What are your thoughts on this? I could definitely see this being useful.

112 Likes

I support this. It would be amazing if you could earn money from Roblox without spending any money on the platform! Building yourself from the ground up.

Being able to buy Premium with robux would also open a way to gift Premium to other users. You can give robux in different ways, but there is no way to gift Premium yet.

Along with all the points you made, I agree. Add this, Roblox!

20 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up @12904, we’ll look into this :slight_smile:

48 Likes

Ok!.. wait, that does make sense, You are buying robux with robux (Now i see, ROBLOX STAFF?)

2 Likes

specifically mentioned this… I don’t know why you bumped a 3 year old post honestly
^

4 Likes

Since this thread was bumped, I suppose I could note public UGC now as well.

While these were addressed by removing Premium requirements back then, it has been suggested that avatar UGC could be put under Premium 1000/2200. However, this was delayed per the announcement thread.

Although personally, I do not understand why Roblox would go back to putting development features under Premium at all, after removing them all. It isn’t called Builder’s Club anymore…

3 Likes

Any information about this it’s been almost 3 years?

2 Likes

honestly, probably would be very useful considering if you make a lot of income off of dev-exing, you’d just pour it back into roblox anyway.

2 Likes

Great idea (for us)… but in what way will this benefit Roblox? Probably why they never followed through

(i know this is an old post)

Maybe a way to fix the issue of “buying robux with robux” is that they have a special premium that does not give you robux, but still gives you all the other perks of premium.