Ability to recover content deleted studio places that have been deleted due to copyright

As a Roblox developer it is completely impossible to recover scripts from games that have been taken down due to copyright, and not from illegal or inappropriate content such as scam games or 18+ games.

Back in 2019 I made this Super Mario 64 themed game of the BLJ meme, using only some user created meshes that were public in the catalog, alongside some Nintendo audio, stuff I can easily replace.

Obviously Roblox had their policy changed to disallow copyrighted material, and the game got completely deleted along with my account warned. I feel like the punishment that has been placed upon me was pretty severe.

Unfortunately, I did not save this game on my local computer, so the scripts I have made for that game are pretty much unrecoverable.

I would rather games like these be suspended from ever being public so you can have access to assets from it but are still dealt the consequences of using copyrighted material. It will give developers the chance to reuse content without the copyrighted material in question and the safety to trust Roblox as a cloud platform, instead of giving the developer no opportunity to recuperate from the punishment.

PS. Is there a way that I can appeal this content deletion?

6 Likes

Per TOS you’re not allowed to have copyrighted materials on the site. The DMCA system is also designed to give the copyright holder right to take their material down from the site. Don’t see how allowing you to re-offend by having the material available on the site a good idea.

5 Likes

You didn’t understand my post. The point is not to reupload with the offending material.

2 Likes

Either way my point still stands here. What is the point of you having access to materials that legally have to be removed off Roblox’s servers? That is a whole lawsuit just waiting to happen.

1 Like