Ability to search for strings with under two characters in localization suite

As a Roblox developer, it’s currently too difficult to find results only containing one character. As an example, I would have to search { or } to find all of our format strings, but since search results don’t return anything under 2 characters I’m unable to find all of them intuitively. This is an issue because in the game I’m managing translations for, we have many results like {amount}, {chance}, {playerName}, etc. meaning that it isn’t possible for me to be able to get all of these in one search. I also need to be able to search for things like x because its used for the multiplier strings. This restriction holds us back because now I need to do workarounds to be able to find these results, within the hundreds of pages of strings.

Example showing the search of “aa” working, but then the search of just “{” not working.

If I was able to do this, I’d be able to modify the 10 or so cells that need changed and wouldn’t have to scan through hundreds of cells to do something currently possible with a CSV file in an external edtior.

7 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! We will look into this shortly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feature was added, thanks :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.