Ability to see what has been editted

As a devforum member it is extremely hard to tell what a person has edited on the Devforum, and sometimes you’ll see people that say “Edit” or something like that. I know we use to have this feature, but it ended up getting removed.

3 Likes

This is a default Discourse feature and I don’t like it, I’d prefer for it to stay private.

1 Like

For various reasons we have decided to keep this disabled, mainly for privacy reasons and hiding accidental bad content that had to be edited out.

5 Likes

Would it be possible to make it a togglable option, for like when you wanna let others see your edit history rather it having disabled for everybody?

Everything is possible engineering-wise with infinite time and resources.

Whether it’s worth pursuing depends on how much effort it is and whether it makes sense product-wise.

In this case, like I mentioned before, in some cases we want to edit out bad content and not have that revision viewable publicly, and not be dependent on user preferences. Also it would be a non-trivial effort to make this a per-user setting since we don’t own the Discourse code base.

3 Likes