Ability to swap backgrounds for Toolbox images

Currently there is an issue where some images in the toolbox cannot be seen as they are a pure color that clashes with the widget background, or are too transparent as seen in this image:

Originally the toolbox had these buttons to swap displayed backgrounds for images in the toolbox:
049b7ee98aaf30d7618ba50a63493910bd337f84

However, with the new toolbox changes a year ago, these buttons have been removed:

12 Likes

I am unable to see the backgrounds of my images, or tell if something I uploaded is actually gray or actually transparent. Create.roblox.com also does not have this option available.

See the picture of my assets:

In red I have proposed a location for background switching that does not require any extra vertical space used.

3 Likes

I use dark theme so I didn’t notice this feature was gone, but all of my UI assets are white, this feature missing would make the toolbox completely unusable for me for images on white theme.

1 Like

I used this feature often when dealing with transparent assets. It would be great if it could be brought back.

2 Likes

I agree. I made a regression report back when this was removed: Regression: New toolbox no longer offers an option to switch between background colors for decals

The explanation given by staff doesn’t make any sense to me. They said it was removed to make vertical space for the home view, but the view they are talking about doesn’t show in any of the places this does.

2 Likes

The local file importer plugin has this as a dropdown and I need it :pensive:

An alternative suggestion: a hover-change like windows explorer (this emphasizes the need to see if something white is actually white, transparent, or white in an outline, or transparent in an outline)
hover select

2 Likes