Ability to toggle visibility of all core/client GUIs at the press of a button

I’m going to use Minecraft as an example here because it best reflects what my suggestion is about - the ability to enter and exit a ‘Photo Mode’ that can be toggled by a keyboard button, where all GUIs on your screen are hidden.

This way the leaderboard/player list, top bar, chat, inventory bar, shift lock, etc are all hidden when you press a button (like F1 for example). The visibility of these GUIs can be toggled on and off.

This is not a ground breaking feature but is nice when you want to take a screenshot of something but you cannot do so because the GUIs are in the way.

I believe Ctrl+Shift+C toggles Core GUI in games you own right now, is what you are requesting having this option for games made by others?

I was not aware that was a thing, and yes, you would be able to do it in any game.

Makes sense to me, though there are definitely situations where I’d want this to not be possible, especially in games where UI is in place to obscure the player’s vision. Having it as an option the developer would toggle would be ideal I feel.

Also, upon further searching I found that Ctrl+Shift+C also works for regular GUI types which I wasn’t aware of, neat

3 Likes

Agreed, I think the solution to this would be a setting in the Game configuration page that allows for all users to disable the GUIs locally. It would be on by default and if some developer wishes to opt out for this reason or another, they can simply do so.

Also I was not aware those were even a thing, so that’s pretty neat, however my proposal still stands it should be a global thing, not just if you can edit the Game.

2 Likes