Ability to undo flags after 5 minutes

As a devforum user it is impossible to undo flags. This is important because when a post is flagged for for example being in the wrong category, and then it gets fixed later, the flag still stays there, in a more recent example I flagged a post and as soon as I did the topics category was changed accordingly. Since it was corrected in good will I should be able to retract my flag, or it could even be where a post sounds mean but the OP corrected it to use a nicer tone. This would also help not mess with internal statistics like “helpful flags” where it is more likely the flag will be rejected if the post was corrected.

All in all if this is added it can create less clutter in the review queue for moderators if it was already fixed.

20 Likes

It used to be possible to do this but Discourse changed this behavior.

3 Likes

How about:
You flag a post for wrong category, you choose the correct one. If they change it to that one, your flag is removed.

Im not too sure if my suggestion wouldn’t work because of this though.

2 Likes

It’s somewhat weird. If a post gets hidden by flags, and then edited, regardless of it being a topic or not, the flags are cleared and the post is unhidden again. Changing the category location of a topic also counts as an edit, and if you flag a topic you even get notified of the category being edited, yet the flag is still there

The only possible issue is if there’s no flags in the queue and an active mod, then the mod will see the flag almost instantly, and if your flags get held for 5 minutes then that kinda defeats the purpose, as it would take longer for a mod to get to the post and take it down. This would be helpful though.

Although if a post gets about 5 flags System auto hides it and warns the user in a DM, saying they can edit the post and fix it in 10 minutes, and if it gets another flag after that it’s held for review, but this is only in place for topics.