Ability to use certain Materials while omitting unwanted textures

To keep this short and simple, most of us know that different materials have different diffuse, normal, specular, and bump maps.

In the example below is a vehicle going back and forth from the Plastic material (more highlighted/bright) and Smooth Plastic (dull, mostly a single color) material. I’d like to keep the more 2 tone color on it by just disabling the diffuse texture of plastic. I cant imagine this to be a hard task as we’re using what we currently have and just allowing us to disable one of the textures used in this material.

(Hopefully you’ll be able to tell the difference from this angle, its more of a drastic change from other angles)
https://gfycat.com/CrazyPerkyHare

3 Likes

I think this should be part of a larger update which allows us to customize the appearance of any part, detached from what it “should” be, much like CustomPhysicalProperties. I made a feature request for that here: BasePart.CustomDisplayProperties

2 Likes

I feel like the correct solution here is to just have specific controls for specular, diffuse, etc.

3 Likes

I’m a Blender noob, so forgive me…
But do bump maps and material nodes not get pulled into Roblox when you import the mesh?

1 Like

Nope, Materials on roblox are made up of these maps.

dude we wish

3 Likes