Ability to whitelist players so they can make free VIP servers

As a Roblox developer, it is hard to test between VIP servers and generic servers, because developers and test accounts are unable to make VIP servers for free.

I would like to be able to set a whitelist of users that can make VIP servers for free, that way I can make free VIP servers for myself and for my test accounts, to accurately test my code that deals with VIP servers. (For example, I give VIP server owners admin commands, and I want to test that this works properly. Or player with ban for trolling can join own VIP server.)

The whitelist would give each person on it permission to create (at least) 1 VIP server for free.

I cannot easily test this with private/reserved servers, because they do not have the VIP server owner set, so I would have to special case my code which is a bad experience.

If Roblox is able to address this, I can more easily test if VIP servers work properly for my game (especially if there are game features that only happen in VIP servers / for VIP server owners), and I won’t have as many bugs in my game as a result.

7 Likes