Able to make Truss parts bigger than 64 and resize in all directions

You cannot make truss parts any bigger than 64 and you can’t resize them in all directions, just two. Can we be able to?

20 Likes

From what I understand you’ve never been able to create anything other than 1x1x[height] truss pieces.

You can make a long 64 wide and 2x2 for each individual cube. What would be nice would be if you resized upwards it would go up in 2’s so 4,4 6,6 etc etc

2x2x[Height*2] actually. And that’s probably why he is requesting that rule to change.

2x2x[Height*2] actually. And that’s probably why he is requesting that rule to change.[/quote]

Well right - I meant in units of the Truss cubes.

This is literally the point of the Feature Requests section.

Is there a technical limit to having trusses limited to 64? Maybe something to do with tessellation. Probably not though. I reckon it’s one of those silly numbers that isn’t justified.

1 Like

This is literally the point of the Feature Requests section.

Is there a technical limit to having trusses limited to 64? Maybe something to do with tessellation. Probably not though. I reckon it’s one of those silly numbers that isn’t justified.[/quote]
I don’t get why it would be technical because I could just do this however that’s really in-efficient and time consuming, not to mention makes a load more bricks in the workspace

In addition, what about having more support styles. Perhaps a bend or circle support?

5 Likes

For some reason I thought this was in the bug reports section. My bad, guys.

I will say that I do think it would be useful to allow us to expand them in multiple directions. Would definitely decrease part count.

Does it have any effect on the climbability of the Truss, though? I know ROBLOX removed the diagonal climb ability recently and when you have a truss wall you would kinda want to be able to move freely around (not just straight up/down).

I feel like trusses should work similar to how studs on bricks work. Like 1.5 would show a stud and a half.

1 Like

I’d love this. It’d make decal ladders so much more affordable.

1 Like

This thread is ancient, but it’s the first and only of this suggestion.
I second this idea.

Giving truss’ more size options makes them way more flexible for creating climbable surfaces and different looks without resorting to brick spam and workarounds.

Max Size

10 Likes

I believe that this would be a good feature to implement. For trusses which do not follow a 2x2 grid (oddly-scaled trusses) the truss could use 1x1x1 scaled equivalents, or for mixed scales, a squished truss.

7 Likes

Support! Bumping this old topic as having trusses’ the max size of 64 in X, Y, and Z, but it is quite annoying for an instance/something that has existed for well over 10 years and nothing has changed at all.

Anywho, this is a very nice feature and change to the truss as having alternatives and adjustments for trusses’ to appear longer, it is somewhat a great solution but you’re better off having one tall truss than 2 or more instances to fill up a single row of trusses’.

Would love a change to this and increasing the size by 2x or 4x the maximum size!

+1 Here!

8 Likes