Able to see other channel chat despite being private (still using "All" Channel)

I have been trying to have two separate chats, one for alive and other for dead but I’m getting really weird behaviour, after I use SetMainChannel to either alive or dead and write a message, the other player from different channel can still see the message even tho I had channelName.Private = true

I tried to check if player joined the channel, and if the channel was set to mainchannel, and it was… I really have no idea what is going wrong

And when I tried ChatService:GetChannel('All'):MuteSpeaker(speakerName) it didn’t allow me to chat saying (you are muted) and when I did ChatService:GetChannel('All'):KickSpeaker(speakerName) it disabled the chat system (showing grey box with no text, and when I send message nothing happens) which tells that for some reason it’s using the “All” Channel instead of the channels I created, but I have no idea why.

local deadChannel = ChatService:AddChannel('DeadChannel')
deadChannel.Joinable = false
deadChannel.AutoJoin = false
deadChannel.Private = true
deadChannel.WelcomeMessage = 'TEST, DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! X_X' -- expect same for AliveChannel

ChatService.SpeakerAdded:Connect(function(speakerName)
	local speaker = ChatService:GetSpeaker(speakerName)

speaker.ChannelJoined:Connect(function(channelName)
		speaker:SetMainChannel(channelName)
	end)
	speaker:JoinChannel('DeadChannel')
end)

(the screen shot doesn’t include the welcome message, but don’t worry it appeared)

extra code

Set team to alive on round start
for _, player in pairs(players) do
		local speaker = ChatService:GetSpeaker(player.Name)
		speaker:LeaveChannel('DeadChannel')
		speaker:JoinChannel('AliveChannel')
end
Join dead channel on death code
chara:WaitForChild('Humanoid').Died:Connect(function()
    speaker:LeaveChannel('AliveChannel')
end
Set channel to death on round end
for _, player in pairs(players) do
		player:SetAttribute('Team', nil)
		player:SetAttribute('Role', nil)
		if speaker:IsInChannel('AliveChannel') then speaker:LeaveChannel('AliveChannel') end
                -- Other stuff
1 Like

Did you find a fix for this issue?