Able to see unlisted posts?

Just a small thing I noticed after logging onto he forum today:

Noticed this bug with an unlisted topic in forum feedback which is not locked, leading me to believe that topics are being unlisted based on if they are locked or not?

Regardless I feel it defeats the entire point of a topic being unlisted if its still going to show on the listings.

9 Likes

You can still see unlisted posts sometimes a few minutes after being unlisted, this has happened to me before, I think its just a minor bug.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a discourse issue. Report it to meta.discourse.org.

1 Like

Every time I’ve seen this happen, it’s because those topics were already visible on the page before they were moderated and Discourse just automatically updated their status. If you refresh, these topics should no longer be there. Automatically removing them without reloading the page is probably too expensive and complicated to do properly. This is most likely expected and preferred behavior.

2 Likes

An unlisted topic appearing on the list - Forum Feedback - Roblox Developer Forum 6

I did actually assumed this was the case and refreshed several times however the topics were still there.

1 Like

I’ve reported it on meta.discourse.org, but those reproduction steps don’t work. The discourse thread itself got locked and unlisted so…

DevForum Thread:

1 Like