About how many hours does it take to join devforum

I was wondering how many hours of reading will get you in devforum. The post says

I find the kind of vague, to be honest. If you guys know when are the exact hours needed to join that will be greatly appreciated.

No one has the exact hours or else people will abuse the system. You just need to be natural with it. Search around, read, like the posts you think are good, etc. Don’t be doing it artificially just to get in.

2 Likes

They will not reveal those numbers in order to prevent people abusing the system

1 Like

I got in the old method, but my friend wants to get in but he has been browsing for hours now and still no request. I liked the old way tbh.

1 Like

It would most likely take days for you to be able to join, they cannot show how much time it will take, just go with it.

Don’t brute force the system and just use it like someone would use the developer hub.

which in my opinion the forums are usually a better resource than the hub

I got accepted after 30 days of daily visits.

You should check youtube. There are a lot of videos showing the EXACT requirements and it is kinda correct.

1 Like

Might I have the youtube link or search keyword?

Here is a video that I found:

Skip to 1:08.

I know the exact requirements due to trial and error, and every single one of those videos I’ve checked has been wrong. I don’t think I’d be allowed to share those stats, though.

1 Like

Welp I don’t know if Ima regret this or not but I did use that video to get into the DevForum and surprisingly, it did work.

Are the requirements the same through your experiments or different for each account?

It might have happened to work for you, but that doesn’t determine the requirements. I got in with 3d read time, but I’d hardly claim that’s what’s necessary.

@bootsareme The requirements are exact due to Discourse limitations.

1 Like

So the system is automated on discourse’s side.

1 Like

Unless you brute force it with alts, like @posatta, or you’re a Community Sage/Staff, I don’t believe anyone knows the actual statics needed.

I have heard that you need a few days read time, and you need to have visited for at least a month. This is supported by the fact that, if you look at the Introduction Thread, all the new members have visited for around a month, and have a few hours read time.

You can read on Trust Levels here: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

These are the default trust levels, and I can ensure you Roblox has changed this to be much more strict. But, it should give you good expectations.

Liking posts doesn’t count as activity. Many algorithms, I think, are used to determine if a user will get promoted or not. Some of them are read time stats, the days you’ve visited, how many replies you read in each thread, etc.

Not sure about this, that’s just my thought

I took only a week apparently. You definately need to read 1k+.

I believe it takes about 10 hours of recent read time. However, I don’t believe Roblox has publicized the exact numbers needed.

It’s better off just letting this stay anonymous.
They should find out on their own. He/she can still view most relevant posts on Devforum without becoming a member. While I’m being quite harsh, most of us got in this forum by being consistent. Thats the key to becoming a member.