"About" section on profile refuses to close when user has no bio

The following UI will automatically pop open when a user has nothing written in their ‘About’ section of their profile:

That’s fine and all, but if I’m not trying to put a bio right now and hit the “Cancel” button, the UI disappears for a split second then pops right back up, and cannot be closed. From a UX standpoint it would be nice to be able to close that type window if I do not currently feel like typing a bio but want to see my profile like everyone else does.

1 Like

this is just for your own profile if it’s empty - its intentional, and intended to encourage filling out your bio :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the cancel thing is a valid point though, we reuse the same ui for this as the editing flow but force it open.

2 Likes

i agree its very miniscule and i should probably just make a bio :roll_eyes:, but hitting cancel and nothing happens is just a little frustrating IMO so maybe if you can hide the cancel button (or better yet make it work until the page is refereshed) would be delightful. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

why do you think its a good idea

2 Likes

We need more questions of exactly this.

“Why do you think it’s a good idea?” after someone saying it’s “intentional” should be a completely valid point.

2 Likes

I am personally kind of annoyed when the “About” section of someone’s profile is just ᵇˡᵃⁿᵏ. As they said, hopefully this should encourage more people to fill it out instead of leaving it blank.

Ok… but haven’t they given the reason? “To get more people to fill out their bio”? The response should instead be about why that isn’t a good reason instead of just “Why do you think it’s a good idea?”. Asking that without any other constructive criticism is the exact same as saying something is intentional without giving a reason or motivation for it. “You have become the very thing you swore to destroy” if you will.

2 Likes