Access to Game Settings through `...` button on places

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to configure a game for basic info, game permissions, permission on who can join and edit, and changing settings for game and studio related purposes without joining the place.

Allowing developers to access and configure the Game Settings property to change the game name, the status of users joining, genre, and more would be beneficial a ton that we don’t have to open up multiple places and configure through the Roblox Studio application:

Since some of the settings like Security and World need DataModel, some categories/sections should be configured:

• Basic Info.
  • Permissions.
  • Localization.
  • Places.
  • …and Options.

If Roblox is able to address this feature, it would improve my development experience and workflow a bunch because it would allow ease and save much time as a developer who wants to access Game Settings without going through the game itself and would like myself to access the tab to configure from there. I don’t find myself neat with the redirection to the website itself with a “white” screen to brighten my eyes, and how Game Settings is used by many developers for game configuration instead of going through the website which I dislike.

3 Likes

Roblox Studio’s Game Settings Plugin requires a DataModel to loaded first. This is because it changes various properties in a place’s properties including, HttpEnabled and StarterPlayer

As well as this, it also use the DataModel to determine the loaded place.

Interesting, I might need to do more research and possibly look into HttpEnabled and DataModel, sad that it does that.

I’ll edit the post a bit on what could be configurable and won’t be hard on Robloxs’ side for DataModel. :pencil2:

1 Like